Rubberized Bitumen Waterproofing Compound Credi-Black is an emulsion based rubberized bitumen waterproofing compound. Credi-Black can be applied, but not limited to various types of substrates which include: flat decks, parapet walls, flashings, screw heads and lap joints, etc. Credi-Black is suitable to be used on the following substrates: steel, concrete, plaster and Bituminous surfaces.
TECHNICAL DATA:APPEARANCE: Soft non-Slump Paste COLOUR: Black SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 1.0 SOLID CONTENT: 56% FLASHPOINT: N/A DRYING TIME: 24 HOURS SHELF LIFE: 12 months APPLICATION TEMP RANGE: 5 – 40 degrees Celsius STD VOLUME: 20 LITRES PACK WEIGHTS: 20 LITRES COVERAGE: 1 LITRES PER SQUARE METRE
PREPARATION and APPLICATION:
- All surface should be dry and free from dust, grease and loose items. Loose items must be cleaned away, or pressure wash the surface and allow area to dry.
- All surfaces should be structurally sound and stable before application.
- Apply a prime coat if the surface is porous.
- Apply first coat of Credi-Black at one litre per square meter and whilst wet, lay the membrane over and smooth out ensuring the membrane is saturated and allow to dry.
- Allow to cure and dry completely
- Proceed with further coats until the membrane is fully saturated allowing curing time between coats.
- Allow the system to fully cure for five days and top coat with two of coats of Credi-Kote.
- DO NOT apply to wet surfaces OR during rain OR immediately after rain.
- Apply with brush, roller or soft broom.
- Ambient temperature must be above 10⁰C before application.
- Apply two to three even coatings using 1 liter over 1 sqm per coat.
- Cures to the surface. Drying 1 hour and hard drying in 2 hours (at 20⁰C).
STORAGE AND HANDLING:
- Store in a cool dry place with containers tightly sealed and protect from direct sunlight.
- Do not allow uncured material to freeze.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Credi-Black is non-flammable but is recommended that temperatures above 150⁰C be avoided.
SPILLAGE AND CLEANINGAbsorb of containing liquid with sand. Shovel up and place in containers. Keep out of drains.
- DO NOT add tap water to this product.
- Drying and curing time will depend largely on ambient temperature and humidity.
- Wear eye protections and other personal protective equipment.
- (a) Product in eye: Flush eye with clean water (b) Product on skin: Wash with soap and water (c) Product ingested: Drink plenty water and milk. PLEASE observe normal health and safety precautions are taken. (d) Product inhaled: Move to Fresh air. PLEASE observe normal health and safety precautions are taken.